Contributor: Harmony Richards
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12-16 oz gnocchi, we love Trader Joe's Frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 3/4 cups sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage*, save some for garnish
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablesppon oil and leek to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2. minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until starting to soften, about 2 more minutes. Add sage and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and butter and cook until the butter melts, about 1 minute. Return the gnocci to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve the gnocchi and vegetables topped with Parmesan, pepper and more sage, if desired.
Leek- Tastes equally delicious with broccoli crowns (torn into small pieces) and zucchini
Tomato- While not an equal substitute, I also enjoy using mushrooms.
To make Crispy Gnocchi with Tomatoes, Leeks & Shrimp: After Step 1, add 1 Tbsp. oil to the pan and cook 1 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the gnocchi and continue with Step 2.
To make Crispy Gnocchi with Tomatoes, Leeks & Pesto: Use 1/4 cup pesto instead of butter in Step 2.