Posted on February 07 2022
Contributor: Katelyn Chef
Sunday, February 13th is the day where ladies celebrate ladies. In other words, Galentine’s Day. With pandemic protocols still in place & the vigilance of not gathering altogether indoors still an active practice, it may be hard to celebrate the feminine fierce holiday with your besties.
However, there are strong gals, funny leading ladies, dynamic duos, as well as fierce single ladies on TV that will openly welcome you to a reunion on your couch with your streaming remote in one hand and a glass of red in the other.
Of course, we are talking about some of our favorite nostalgic women on television. We think the ladies featured below would be great to revisit on February 13th (or the days leading up to it) in order to be inspired as well as entertained. Do let us know who your favorite woman on television is by tagging/commenting on Instagram @alterreny. Ladies, this one is for you.
- Elle Woods, Legally Blonde: Naturally, we would be totally lost without the invention of the ‘bend and snap.’ Luckily, we have three Legally Blonde films to binge for Galentine’s Day, Legally Blonde, Legally Blonde2: Red White and Blonde, Legally Blonde 3. You can stream the first on Netflix.
- Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Who didn’t love watching Sarah Michelle Gallagher (Buffy Summers) kick vampire booty once a week? Um, we’re still not over. Plus, other fierce femmes such as Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn Summers), and Alyson Hannigan (Willow Rose) made stellar supporting female roles. Vampire slayers, you can stream Buffy on Hulu.
- Blaire and Serena, Gossip Girl: As iconic as the city of New York is, two best friends, sometimes enemies, Blaire Waldorf (Leighton Meester) and Serena Van der Woodson (Blake Lively) are just as iconic. Fans of the old might have to settle for the newer Gossip Girl on HBO Max.
- Jo March: For those who grew up reading, Little Women, know Jo. She’s passionate, driven, outspoken, and well, awesome. You can rent Little Women on Amazon Prime.
- Summer Roberts and Marissa Cooper, The O.C.: California here we come. Those who were in their prime early 2000s know The O.C. well. Head back to the beach and chill with Summer (Rachel Bilson) and Marissa (Mischa Barton) available on Hulu.
- Betty Suarez, Ugly Betty: Who can forget the plucky writer, Betty Suarez (America Ferrera), from ABC’s Ugly Betty as she made her way through the fabulous yet cutthroat world of fashion publishing showing that beauty starts on the inside and shines outward. Stream, Ugly Betty on HULU.
- Miranda Hobbs and Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City: No matter these ladies' ages, state of their hair color, or price of their designer bags, we will forever want the friendship that Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) and Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) have. Lunch with the OG ladies on HBO Max, And Just Like That.
- Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, The Gilmore Girls: Lorelai and Rory will forever be our TV family as we basically grew up with them both. Yes, we cried when little Rory graduated from prep school and leaped for joy when Lorelai asked Luke to marry her. Go, girl. Binge The Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
- The Golden Girls: This wouldn’t be a complete list without honoring the beloved Betty White and her character, Rose Nylund in the Golden Girls. Luckily there are 204 episodes of love, friendship, and laughs to watch on Hulu.
- Frankie Bergstein and Grace Hanson, Grace and Frankie: If you’re in the mood for ladies who don’t give a, well, rats, then you’re in for a treat in the Netflix series, Grace and Frankie (Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin).
Keep up to date with our blog, here! ###